Baia do Sancho in Brazil, famous for its clear water and soft white sand has been named the most stunning beach in the world. Rhossili Bay on the Gower, Wales is placed ninth on the list. It came in the first place in the list of the UK’s best beaches, and was voted third best in Europe after beaches in Sicily and Formentera.
1. Baia do Sancho in Brazil has been named the best stretch of sand in the world by TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor review:”Truly spectacular, from the walkway on the cliff above and on the beach itself. Idyllic.”
2. Grace Bay, in Turks and Caicos, has been named the second most amazing beach in the world. TripAdvisor review:”Powder-soft, white sand. Green water, fading to turquoise graduating to purple on the horizon. Amazing!”
3. With its golden sands and turquoise waters Flamenco Beach voted as third by TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor review:”This beach is my ‘happy place’ – I dream about it.”
5. Whitehaven Beach, in the Whitsunday Islands in Australia, placed 5th with miles of pure white sand and azure waters. TripAdvisor review: “Absolutely spectacular. Nothing but pure, pristine beach. Shallow, warm, clear water.”
8. Lanikai Beach, in Kailua, Hawaii, is the eighth most amazing beach in the world. TripAdvisor review: “Not easy to find, which makes the discovery all the better. It’s like stepping into a postcard.”
9. Rhossili Bay in Swansea, Wales, is the only UK beach to make it on to the list of the top 10 best in the world. TripAdvisor review: “Truly the most beautiful beach. The sheer scale and wildness of the location add to the majesty.”