Above: Fistral beach, Newquay, Cornwall, UK
Cornwall takes the overall highest spot with 3 beaches in the top 10: position 2, 6 and 9 and Dorset is a close second also with 3 beaches in the top 10: position 1, 7 and 10
The popular setting of Weymouth, with three miles of golden sand and celebrity chef restaurants in the region was took the number one spot in the Travellers’ Choice award for the UK but as always Cornwall wins the overall top 10.
The usual Crantock beach near Newquay in Cornwall, UK wasn’t on the list this time, however it remains a sure favourite for many.
Top 10 beaches in the UK
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- St Brelade’s Bay Beach, St Brelade, Jersey
- Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, Scotland
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Bournemouth Beach, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Rhossili Bay, Rhossili, Wales
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
What is your favorite beach – Add your comments below 🙂