Five Year Old Child Beaten To Death In Park By Step Dad For ‘Losing His Trainer’

By NewsRoom24 on July 7th, 2017 / Views
Please Share to friends

A five-year-old boy was beaten to death because he lost a trainer while playing in a park, a court has heard.

Marvyn Iheanacho, 38, flew into a rage with his step-son and attacked him, it is alleged, then targeting the boy’s mother when she tried to call an ambulance.

He is on trial for murder at Woolwich Crown Court after allegedly killing Alex Malcolm in Mountsfield Park, south-east London on November 20 last year.

Iheanacho is said to have carried the unconscious boy home to his mum Lilya Breha – who was also viciously attacked after she desperately tried to get her son medical help.

Despite the efforts of medics and hospital staff Alex would later die from his injuries.

Prosecutor Eleanor Laws QC said Iheanacho had taken Alex with him on a trip to Catford to pick up some DVDs and visit a friend.

On the way the pair stopped at a play park and it is here, she said, that Iheanacho became enraged when Alex had told him he had lost a shoe.

Eyewitness Sarah Strugnell is expected to tell the jury she heard him raging at the child who was keeping very quiet.

‘Soon after this, she describes hearing repeated booming noises, and the gate was vigorously moving as if it were being punched by someone using both fists in quick succession, about eight punches in total,’ Ms Laws said.

‘It is the prosecution case that this banging could well have been in fact banging from repeated assaults upon Alex.’

Ms Laws referred to CCTV evidence which showed the pair entering the park at 5.11pm and an hour and a half later Iheanacho can be seen leaving with Alex in a fireman’s lift.

Upon arriving home mum Lilya began to scream and panic and desperately wanted to phone the emergency services.

Ms Laws said: ‘Lilya was screaming. The defendant told her to stop. She called him a danger to her family whereupon he assaulted her.

‘He kneed her hard in the chest, then jumped on her back and started to choke her so she couldn’t breathe any more.

Eventually at 8.30pm Lylia managed to call the emergency services.

When asked by medics what had happened to Alex, Iheanacho claimed that he had fallen off a climbing frame.

A decision was taken to transfer him to Kings College Hospital in order for specialist neurosurgeons to operate to relieve pressure on his brain.

But the operation was sadly not successful and on November 22 last year Alex was pronounced dead.

When interviewed by police under caution about the events Iheanacho made no comment.

He has pleaded not guilty to the charge of murder. The trial continues.

Original Article: Metro News

Please Share to friends

Facebook Comments