The family of a mother and three children tragically killed in a house fire have spoken of their ‘total shock’.
Aneesa Umerji, 40, died alongside young Hammad, 12, Yusuf, 10, and five-year-old Khadija after a blaze engulfed their home in Bolton at around 9am on Saturday.
In a statement released through the Bolton Council of Mosques, the fmaily said the fire was accidental and was caused by a halogen heater.
‘We are aware that all the emergency services did everything they could to rescue the family members and we appreciate their efforts,’ they said in a statement.
‘The families are in total shock at the events of yesterday morning where an accidental fire caused by a halogen heater led to the sad fatalities of Aneesa, Hammad, Yusuf and Khadija.
‘We are also humbled and overwhelmed with the support received from the wider community of Bolton and surrounding towns.
‘We are very grateful to BCOM for their continued support in our difficult time.
‘The families are still trying to come to terms with what has happened and are focused on offering support to each other.
‘We respectfully request that you all pray for the departed and allow the families to come to terms with their tragic loss.
‘The families would be very grateful if the media can respect our privacy and allow us to grieve.
‘Thank you once again for everyone’s kind words and support, they have provided much-needed strength in these very testing times.’
Original Article: Metro News