Father Of 3 Yr old Girl Found Dead Near Home Changes His Story After Claiming He Left Her Outside As Punishment

By NewsRoom24 on October 25th, 2017 / Views
Please Share to friends

A father of a three-year-old girl whose body was found less than a mile from her home has reportedly told police she died after choking on milk.

Wesley Mathews had originally claimed his adopted daughter Sherin was missing after he told her to stand outside the house as a punishment for not finishing her drink.

But details have emerged which claim the little girl choked on the milk after being force fed.

According to WBAL TV , new details released as part of an arrest warrant revealed Mathews told police in the US he was trying to get Sherin to drink milk in the garage of their home in the early hours of the morning of October 7.

Mathews had forced Sherin, who had developmental issues, to drink the liquid after she had refused several times according to police.

The warrant read: “She was coughing and her breathing slowed.

“Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she had died.”

Police in Richardson, Texas, originally feared she had been abducted and issued an amber alert.

Wesley Mathews has been charged with child endangerment (Image: REUTERS)

As a massive search investigation was launched, officers arrested her father Mathews, 37.

He reportedly told police he made Sherin stand by a tree outside their home alone when she didn’t finish her milk and that a coyote might have ‘got her’.

Mathews claims when he returned to retrieve the girl 15 minutes later the child was gone.

Two weeks later, police found a child’s body less than a mile from the spot where Wesley said he told Sherin to stand.

Mathews was originally charged with child endangerment and then released on bail pending his next court appearance.

Local child protective services removed Sherin’s four-year-old sister from the home.

According to NBC News, the service has had contact with the family before.

Speaking at the time Sherin went missing, Sgt. Kevin Perlich confirmed the father did not report the child missing until five hours later, adding that it was “concerning”.

Please Share to friends

Facebook Comments